Is it time to makeover a room in your house but you dont know where to start???
Read on and I will tell you step by step how to create your perfect space.
- Set your Style. Do you want it Retro, Coastal, Industrial. Make a really clear brief of what it is that you want and how you need to use the space.
- List your items.
- Start a pinterest board of what appeals to you or what inspires you.
- Make a strict budget and stick to it.
- Research and source each item.
- Mood board your finds so you can see it all on the one page. Take pics of your items or find them on the internet.
- Scale, measure and draw your space so you know everything is perfect and will fit.
- Purchase & order items.
- Take samples shopping with, ie your carpet, wall colour etc.
- Sell any existing items you are replacing.
- Look on instagram and facebook for insperation.
- Use the 60/30/10 colour rule when decorating. 60% of the room is your main colour ie walls flooring. 30% is a contrasting colour ie sofa fabric, furniture and 10% is your accent colour ie cushions, accessories.
- Use an online moodboard site called www.stylesourcebook.com.au